From your home screen, Menu & Settings, Accounts & Sync
Clear the cache and data of the Market app and the Download manager.
- Visit Menu &, Settings &g Applications; Manage applications
- Tab over to "All"
- Select the Market app, and then tap "Clear data" and "Clear cache"
- Select the Download manager, and then tap "Clear data" and "Clear cache"
- From the home screen, go to Menu & Settings; Applications; Manage applications
- Tab over to "All" (or, if your device is running Android 2.1 or below, press Menu; Filter; All)
- Scroll down and select the Market app
- Touch "Uninstall updates"
If the issue persists after taking these steps, you may need to perform a factory data reset on your device. Please note that this will reset your device to its original state. I suggest contacting the Android Customer service before doing this. While your media content (photos, music, etc.) will not be deleted from the SD card, applications and their related data will be uninstalled.
To perform a factory reset:
1) Go to Home; Menu, Settings; Privacy (or Phone storage; depends on the device)
2) Press "Factory data reset"
3) Press "Reset phone"
After you perform the factory reset, make sure you sign into your device with the same primary Google Account you were using before. If you have any questions or concerns before performing the reset, or if doing so does not resolve the issue, please let me know so I can continue to investigate.
You do not need to clear the cache in the Market for this to work. If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to email us.